Hello, lovelies!☔️ Two weeks have already passed since I last shared my last chat! ◉_◉ Time is literally flying and I have been feeling this more since this virus came. It feels like we are on standby and everything around is moving faster than us ⚆ _ ⚆ but, let’s keep a positive attitude and keep on moving forward! ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
What I have been watching; 📺
- Oh boy, so here’s the thing: I had a rough time getting pass season 1 of Friends but I feel in love with season 2 and on. I’m now in season 8 and so many things have happened! My favorite character is Chandler (initially it was Monica but after 8 seasons is definitively Chandler) BUT in this season Joey is capturing my heart (✿´‿`). He’s such an innocent, gullible, cinnamon roll ❤ his feelings for Rachel are so pure and the way he just looks at her. Break my heart ಠ⌣ಠ
- iCarly is on Netflix, I was so excited! This show was part of my life while growing up so I was excited for it, but I was so disappointed when I realized it was only two season! Still, I enjoyed them very much ಠ‿↼
- I’m also re-watching Kuroko no Basuke 黒子のバスケ which is one of my favorite animes to watch. I’m not into sports but I love all sport-related anime: Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club for swimming, Ace of the Diamond for Baseball, Haikyu!! for Volleyball and Yuri!!! on ICE for Ice Skating. The characters are amazing specially Kuroko! He’s such a cinnamon roll ❤
- I also watched the The New York Times Presents: Framing Britney Spears documentary and oh boy, it made me cry. So, I’m not a fan of Spears, the only song I truly love is Toxic because it stuck with me as a young child who even though didn’t speak the language, loved the music. I don’t hate or dislike her, her music is just not something I navigate to – as a person, I respect her and I was very young when everything displayed in this documentary happened. But, watching this documentary was rough, the constant paparazzi pictures, the things people said about her and her sexuality – there is even a part where a woman said something incredibly threatening against Spear, a woman in a high position and she didn’t receive backlash for saying so. The whole situation just baffles me . What Justin Timberlake said on radio – what a piece of crap. People asking if she was a virgin or not, like come on! That’s not something you just ask someone. I’m ranting here because I have no other place to go. Has anyone watched this documentary?
- I have been diving deep into HULU lately, mainly because during work hours I leave the TV on the back for background sound and so I’ve been invested in ABC 20/20. I watch crime episodes the most, they do such an amazing job at telling a story and showing facts, interviewing people and so. Some stories are horrible to hear and believe that has truly happens: sometimes it feels like a book. These past weeks I’ve watched 3 episodes and all of them have been baffling.
MOVIE RECOMMENDATION: I will not include a movie this time but a documentary and yes, if you can, please watch Framing Britney Spears: an eye-opener and an amazing documentary. They have interviews with people who worked directly with her and were part of her life.
Music is life } 🥁
These past months I’ve been listening to old favorites. Some of these songs have been with me since I was very young, I remember sitting on my balcony with my sisters listening to these songs. Some of them in English, back then I didn’t know the language and never thought I would leave my town. Some of the best memories are with these songs.
- Andy & Lucas: Tanto La Queria, Son De Amores
- Chayanne: Un Siglo Sin Ti, Y Tú Te Vas, Dejaría Todo, Torero
- Cristian Castro: Por Amarte Así, Azul, Lloran las Rosas, Volver a Amar, Yo Quería
- Alex Bustamante: Dos Hombres Y Un Destino
- MDO: Te Quise Olvidar
- David Bisbal: Digale
- A*Teens: A Perfect Match, Floorfiller
- Cascada: Everytime We Touch
- The Rasmus: In The Shadows
- Backstreet Boys: Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely, Shape Of My Heart, As Long As You Love Me, Drowning
MUSIC RECOMMENDATION: Toxic by Britney Spears; I remember watching the video as a child and being amazed by the song and music, the singer and the whole video composition. I would visit the movie theater every Sunday in the morning with my friends, it was during that time when they would put American Music Videos and we would just watch in awe even if we didn’t understand shit.
I’m all about that book
‘Bout that book, no treble 🔖
I have been reading some great books and some HORRIBLE ONES which I wish I could erase from my mind.
Sexy men on covers ｡゜(｀Д´)゜｡ I always feel so inadequate with these covers ;D. Something I applaud in YA is the cover creativity. In adult books you don’t see them often, especially male/male books but no complains ^̮^
BOOK RECOMMENDATION: Hold your tissues for this one – Making Faces by Amy Harmon. Read it, love it, and cry. CRY CRY CRY. This book was so gorgeous but it stabs you right on the heart. Yes, it was painful but worth it.
“I wrote your name across my heart
So I would not forget.
The way I felt when you were born
Before we’d even met
I wrote your name across my heart
So your heart beats with mine
And when I miss you most I trace
Each loop and every line
I wrote your name across my heart,
So we could be together
So I could hold you close to me
And keep you there forever.”
Amy Harmon “Making Faces”
So, on the personal note: I was promoted at work and I feel so happy. I don’t remember if I have mentioned this before but I used to work in one field and in August decided to just drop it and move to another field. The first months were very hard, my depression was at its highest and I didn’t want to get out of bed – changing field in the middle of a pandemic, leaving coworkers that have been family for the past four years behind, working from home alone it was very hard but I made it. I’m so happy! I was picked as Employee of the Month for January, was offered an internship as supervisor and moved to a new department. I feel I have accomplish an amazing thing and I didn’t give up.
Well, that’s all folks! I hope you all have been having a wonderful day. What book are you currently reading? I’m ready a steamy one (▰˘◡˘▰) but what’s new, I always ready steamy ones ☺️
6 thoughts on “[BI-WEEKLY CHAT] LIFE IN MOTION🎥 WEEK 7&8”
Isn’t that Backstreet Boys scene from Brooklyn-nine-nine just amazing?!?! Thank you for reminding me 😁 I literally died laughing. I love reading this Leyanis!! ❤️
Hahahaha best scene EVER! I love Brooklyn99, when I need to laugh they have my back ;D
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations on you promotion 🎉🎉
Aww thank you ^^
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love seeing Cascada still going strong today! That album was my absolute jam when I was like 12ish and I still go back to it when I’m feeling down sometimes!
Also you’ve convinced me, I’ll watch the Britney Spears documentary.
I was around the same age when I was introduced to Cascada, I always go back to it when I’m feeling nostalgic.
Oh my god let me know what you think! The whole thing made me so angry ><
LikeLiked by 1 person