Hello, lovelies! 🌺 I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! I’m so tired today, I worked today and tomorrow, and I think my body is very aware of that ;A;
Since we have arrived to June, half of the year has gone by and I’m here to revise my bookish goals for 2021 as per my initial post back in January.
Reading goals for 2021;
- Goodreads: read 50 books
- I try to always have all my “read” books in Goodreads but sometimes is easier to keep a separate tracker, especially because I re-read a lot [and sometimes if I remember to include them in the tracker I may count them towards my final amount of books ‘read’]. I have to admit I have not been keeping track of all the re-read as specific as I would like to but, based on my special Excel Spreadsheet /coughGEEKcough/ I have read about 124 books! Goodreads says 96 [plus all the mangas I’ve read this month].
- Read at least 25 of the books I already own
- HA! Can I laugh at this one? My paperbacks are getting dusty by the day. I keep finding other books and the ones I already own are definitively judging me by now ¯_(ツ)_/¯
- Read short books
- More or less? I like books in the 300 pages range so anything less than that I would consider short. Do mangas and comics count? (~˘▾˘)~ I have been reading mangas and they are definitively around the 100-200 page range. But yes, some of the series I read back in January are in the 100 range which I count as a win for this specific category!
- Read 10 classics
- /hides away/ no classics so far ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ Holy mother, maybe I should remove this one seeing as I don’t even have 10 classics I wish to read! 🤔
So, let’s say I’m about 65% into my goal and close to completion. I need to tackle my classics and the ‘read 25 books I already own’. Maybe I should just remove the classics seeing as I have made 0% progress in six months. What do I expect in the other half of the year? Sudden enjoyment for the classics!? /I don’t think so/ watch me scrap this one by November.
And now, let’s see how I’m doing with my 21 books in 2021.
Let’s recap shall we!?
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang – Read and loved every single thing about this one! Review coming soon.
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang – I’m dying to get my hands on this one, Quan needs his HEA asap!
- Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim – Bought my copy and I’m so ready for it!
- Heartstopper Volume 4 by Alice Oseman – My heart can’t with the cuteness and overall feelings this book gave me: both happy and sad.
- The Road Trip by Beth O’Leary – I’m still unsure if I will read this one! I have heard is good, but as always procrastinating 101.
Second First Impressions by Sally Thorne– Has been removed from this list as I no longer plan on reading this one!
- Feral by Alessandra Hazzard – WOW WOW WOW I still can’t get over how good this book was. I’ve read it I believe a thousand times already.
- Dearly Despised by Alessandra Hazard – Doesn’t even have a release date yet ಥ_ಥ
- Ten Things I Hate About the Duke by Loretta Chase – Judging me since I bought the copy on release day, soon dear, soon!
- The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary – Heard a bit of the audiobook and it sounded interesting! Aiming for July read.
- Devil’s Daughter by Lisa Kleypas – May need to first read the books before this one which is no hardship seeing as Lisa is one of my favorite authors! ❤
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery – Aiming for July! at least book 1 out or 7
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – Just the size!!! I'm dying.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – book 2 is taking me awhile ><
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor – let’s not even mention book 3!
- The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey – I’m so skeptical about reading these two, while the romance of secondary characters is something that calls my attention the main story has a not happy ending so I’m a bit scared!
- The Savage Dawn by Melissa Grey – Didn’t I mentioned I spoiled myself by reading the ending?
- Wolfsong by T.J. Klune – Started, the audiobook is very slow and the voices are not suitable IMO, will probably get an ebook version! I’m ready for the tears.
- Ravensong by T.J. Klune – heartbreak #2
- Heartsong by T.J. Klune – heartbreak #3
- Brothersong by T.J. Klune – heartbreak and hopefully HEA book #4
- 3 read
- 1 removed
- 1 started
- 8 I own
- 8 pending either release or for me to buy them
So far, very slow progress on this side. I will be reading Six Crimson Cranes hopefully within a week of release as I’m waiting for my UK copy and will start to move on to the rest. One has no release day which I’m dreading! I have to admit I’m very behind on this one. My plan was to read at least 2 books per month. I still have 17 [because I removed one] to read and I have read more books than this in a month but I need to be in the RIGHT MOOD to read books and I feel this will never happen ><
How are you doing with your own goals? Any progress? Are you happy with them?
5 thoughts on “[DISC] Revising my Bookish Goals for 2021 – half-year progress”
good luck with all your goals! i totally get what you mean about being in the right mood to read books 🤧
I love this post! It’s always good to revisit goals and tweak them to match your needs and expectations. Good luck!
your goals look good! i need to set myself a goal to read the books i already own before picking new ones up lol
I loved reading about all your bookish goals, hope your able to complete them! A goal of mine is to read the books I own as well. I’ve been such a mood reader that it’s making it difficult to read all the new releases, but I’m hoping to catch up on them later this year and just enjoy what I read one book at a time. Wonderful post! 😍
I think you’re doing great!! I set so many goals in 2020 and then ended up having to scrap most of them due to covid. I just didn’t even try setting any this year. So, I’d say you’re a winner here either way!