Hello, lovelies!🌨 I hope everyone is having a wonderful April ~ work has been so hectic I haven’t feel like doing much which sucks because every time I look at my blog I feel so proud of what I’ve accomplished so far, yet I haven’t been posting anything ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I have decided to do these mini-reviews twice a month (middle and end). I miss my mini-reviews but the ones I used to do were so long that sometimes it would take me hours to compile and make it pretty~ so here I am introducing: Bookish Updates! Probably will also introduce a movie/tv/music kind of post too since I’m also a major film/music/tv lover (~˘▾˘)~
Let’s begin 📖
- April 2nd: Bossy by N.R. Walker
- Starting the month with a very hot and low-angst book which I will definitively re-read again soon. The relationship between Michael and Bryson starts as a no string attach kind of deal (no names, no personal info, booty call only) which made the sexual aspect of the book very hot. The relationship doesn’t feel rush, instead we have two very different people fall slowly and hard in loooooveeee. I love Bryson with his band shirts and love for everything Asian: their food, culture and lifestyle. And then we have Michael who loves his job and lifestyle, who has a beautiful family and is no shy at all. The secondary characters were also great, the infusion of Asian in an Australian setting was lovely and I was there for everything from the banter, to the flirt, to the amazing love story and food.
- April 4th to the 6th: Omega Assassins Club by Kiki Burrelli
- Omegaverse books are a hit or miss with me but most of the time I end up loving them #guiltypleasures. I feel so sad I don’t see books like this within the “popular” side of the book community. Thanks God for Facebook groups ❤
Going back to the books:
These books were amazing: the idea of a fierce club with assassins ready to save the world was fantastic. I really liked the brotherhood in this series: River was a lethal sweetheart, Wynn was definitively the mom of the group and the stern one, Van was badass, Nolan the misunderstood hero, and Zed the one with too many feelings. These five were fearless and I was living for every single story like there was no tomorrow. I have always loved books with brother/sisterhoods and found-families. #friendshipgoals #familygoals
April 7th-11th: Sweet as Honey by Lucy Lennox
- I didn’t know I needed this book in my life until I read it. I read the first book in this series back in February and I loved it, I was looking forward to book two because Truman was a sweetheart in the first book and Sam was so supportive, I needed to see what would come out of these side characters and I wasn’t disappointed. I loved every bit, I laughed, snort at the banter and all the silliness made me so happy. I haven’t read such a happy book in a long time – and there is drama of course but the relationship between Sam and Truman is everything. Truman is sunshine, adorable, a dork to the max and endearing to the heart. Sam is supportive, sexy as hell, protective and so good to Truman. This romance was so good I want to shove this book down to everyone’s throat.
It didn’t take long for me to realize something about Truman Sweet pushed all my buttons in the very best way. He was a unique mix of shy and chatty. When the conversation centered around a topic he was familiar with, he came alive. He spoke with his hands and explained things in interesting detail. His knowledge was extensive. He seemed to know quite a bit about many different things.11% into the book / my heart is exploding.
Currently reading~ 📚
- A Duke in Shining Armor (Difficult Dukes #1) by Loretta Chase: This is a re-read. One of my 21 books in 2021 is book 2 in this series and I want to read it soon but first I need a refresh – this is why I love reading series one after the other one and I try not to read series that are incomplete. I love Olympia’s attitude and the Huge “Duke Ripley” is so dreamy! (づ￣ ³￣)づ
- Junk Shop Blue (Criminal Intensions: Season One #2) by Cole McCade: Boy, book one of this series was GRUESOME … I LOVED IT. The relationship between the two main characters is such a sweet/intense build up, I’m dying to see what is going to happen.
- The Boy Who Loved Wicked by C.P. Harris: I’m still in chapter one, so far is very angsty which I’m so hesitant about because is chapter O-N-E. I like angst but not to the point of cutting my veins.
- El silencio de la ciudad blanca (La trilogia de la ciudad blanca #1) by Eva Garcia Saenz de Urturi: I’ve mentioned how difficult I feel this book is going to be for me. I’m still in the prologue, the Spanish in this book is from Spain with the accent and all – which I really like but the story and vocabulary feels heavy. I read there is a movie based on the book, maybe and don’t kill me for it, I will first watch the movie to understand he heaviness behind the plot (¬‿¬) ps. Netflix has the movie, lucky me!
- SWAT Ed.: Fox & Bull (Nothing Specials #8) by A.E. Via: The Nothing Specials series is so good, the entire series (with the exception of one book I shall no mention) is phenomenal. I’m enjoying the relationship between Fox and Bull. Mandel “Fox” is so sly >.> and Dominic “Bull” is so strong ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
- The Jock by Tal Bauer: This is so sweet, is set in Paris for the first weeks and I know it will be sweet and painful – especially as a coming out story for an athlete.
- The Happy List (Better With You #1) by Briar Prescott: Boy, I’m having a great time reading this book, Gray is so smart, funny and knows what he wants. He also loves Kai, his best friend – the same way Kai loves him. The banter and friendship here is e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! (~˘▾˘)~
Anyways, what have you guys been reading lately? Any exciting recommendations, new or old ones?
4 thoughts on “[MINI-REVIEWS] Bookish Update April 1st-15th”
A Duke in Shining Armor sounds awesome might read it soon, cool post!
It is an awesome read! The characters are amazing and the relationship is funny/romantic ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person